NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGYCHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Finished: 19th”Very disappointing race. We had the speed, the strategy was going to be good and then I had contact with Sato at the beginning of the race. I was half a car inside and he didn’t give me any room, so we touched and I had to come in for a new front wing and everything went downhill from there. It’s a shame because the car was fast and everything was good and I’m sure we could have had a great result but that’s the way it ended.”Fast Facts:
- Coletti made his 14th Verizon IndyCar start today, 14th with KV Racing Technology, ninth on a road/street course and first at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
- Coletti’s best finish on a road/street course is 8th (GP of Indianapolis) and best qualifying is also 8th (Detroit Race 1).
- He made his oval debut this year at the Indianapolis 500. He is the second Monegasque driver to start there (Louis Chiron in 1929 was the other).
- His best oval start is 13th (Milwaukee) and best finish is 11th (Fontana)
- Coletti, a rookie picked up 11 points today and sits 20th in the championship standings with 171 points.
NO. 11 TEAM HYDROXYCUT – KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Finished: 17th“Obviously a very disappointing day for the Hydroxycut Chevy car. We did what we had to do early on. We were saving fuel, then as usual the guys in the back pitted early and started exposing us. So we started to run quick and as soon as we turned the wick up a yellow came out. We pitted and cycled to the back. After that the race was pretty much over, but not only did it happen once, it happen twice when they closed the pits a second time for the Karam incident. It’s disappointing because the car was good and the KVSH Racing team executed all weekend, but we ended up losing precious championship points. On days like this you just have to move on and keep at it. We will go on to Pocono and see what we can do.”
- The 2015 Honda Indy 200 was Bourdais’ 145th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 32nd with KVSH Racing and sixth at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- In six starts at the Mid-Ohio, Bourdais has four top-10 finishes including three top-five showings and one podium, second in 2014.
- Bourdais earned 13 points today and is sixth in the 2015 Verizon IndyCar championship standings with 379 points.
- After the first 14 races of the 2015 season, Bourdais has earned eight top-10 finishes with four top-five showings and two wins, (Detroit Race 2 and Milwaukee).
Copyright © 2015 KV Racing Technology/KVSH Racing, All rights reserved.
Round 15 of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series will be the ABC Supply 500 at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, PA on August 23, 2015.TV Broadcast: NBCSports at 2:00 PM ET
Radio Broadcast: XM 209 & IMS IndyCar Radio Affiliates
Online: indycar.com & Verizon INDYCAR 15 App