NO. 12 VERIZON TEAM PENSKE DALLARA/CHEVROLET
FIRESTONE GRAND PRIX OF ST. PETERSBURG
March 12, 2016
Verizon IndyCar Series
WINNING POLE NOTES
- Today marks Power’s sixth career Verizon P1 Pole Award – and second consecutive – at the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
- This is Power’s 14th career Verizon P1 Pole Award on a road course circuit.
- Power’s last pole position came on August 29, 2015 at Sonoma Raceway. This is Power’s first pole of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season. Power has now 43 Verizon P1 Pole Awards in his career, fifth on the all-time list.
- Power will be seeking his third career win at St. Pete on Sunday to go along with victories in 2010 and 2014
- This marks Team Penske’s seventh pole position won at St. Petersburg in the last 12 races run at the venue.
- Team Penske has now won the Verizon P1 Pole Award in 14 of the past 17 Verizon IndyCar Series races dating back to last season.
- This is the 235th Verizon IndyCar Series pole position in the 50-year history of Team Penske.