NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGY CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONEHONDA INDY 200 – JULY 31 – AUGUST 2, 2015
“I am very excited to be going back to a road course after the three ovals we just had. I had a lot of fun on them and learned a lot, but I much prefer road courses. We have shown that we have a lot of pace, but just haven’t been able to always produce the results, so hopefully we will have more luck this weekend and have a good result.”
Coletti sits 19th in the standings with 150 points.
- The 2015 Honda Indy 200 will be Coletti’s 14th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 14th with KV Racing Technology, ninth on a road/street course and first at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- Coletti’s best IndyCar finish on a road/street course is 8th (GP of Indy) and his best start is 8th (Detroit Race 1).
- In only five career oval starts, Coletti has a best finish of 12th (Fontana) and best start of 13th (Iowa)
- Coletti, 26, is third generation Monegasque, who still resides in Monaco, Monaco.
|2015 Verizon IndyCar Career Statistics|
|2015 Verizon IndyCar Series Results|
|St. Petersburg S/F||17/20||New Orleans S/F||20/17|
|Long Beach S/F||23/23||Barber S/F||16/19|
|GP of Indianapolis S/F||10/8||Indianapolis 500 S/F||29/25|
|Detroit Race 1 S/F||8/15||Detroit Race 2 S/F||21/16|
|Texas S/F||23/19||Toronto S/F||20/23|
|Fontana S/F||21/12||Milwaukee S/F||19/20|
NO.11 TEAM HYDROXYCUT – KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONEHONDA INDY 200 – JULY 31 – AUGUST 2, 2015
“I am looking forward to going back to Mid-Ohio. Last year we had a really good car. We qualified on the pole and put ourselves in a position to win, but Scott (Dixon) was just too strong. I like the Mid-Ohio circuit, but it is not a place that has been very good for me. Last year was the first time in five races there that I finished on the podium. Qualifying is key to having a good race at Mid-Ohio because it is difficult to overtake. There are a couple of places you can do it, turn three in the back stretch and turn two, but being up front, like anywhere, always makes things easier. This is my second year with KVSH Racing and I think we have really come together as a group. We are more consistent and the Chevy engine and aero kit have been great. The Hydroxycut – KVSH Racing team has to keep working hard and put up a good result this weekend if we are going to stay in contention for a top-five finish in the championship.
Bourdais currently sits 6th in the championship standings with 366 points, just 37 points out of second.
- The 2015 Honda Indy 200 will be Bourdais’ 145th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 32nd with KVSH Racing and sixth at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- In the first 13 races of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar season, Bourdais has earned eight top-10 finishes with four top-five showings and two wins, (Detroit Race 2 and Milwaukee).
- In five previous starts at the Mid-Ohio, Bourdais has four top-10 finishes including three top-five showings and one podium, second in 2014. He has qualified in the top-three twice with one pole, also in 2014.
- Bourdais led laps in two consecutive races for the first time since returning to IndyCar competition in 2011(118 at Milwaukee in a win and six at Iowa).
- He has led a total of 150 laps this season by far his most since returning to IndyCar (led 87 in 2013 and 98 in 2014).
- Bourdais is contesting his 10th Verizon IndyCar Series season (Champ Car, 5: IndyCar, 5. Drove one IndyCar event in 2005, the Indy 500).
- In 144 career Verizon IndyCar Series starts, Bourdais has won 34 races, which ties him for seventh on the all-time list with Al Unser Jr. and earned 33 pole positions, tied for seventh all-time.
- Last year at Mid-Ohio, Bourdais won pole and then finished second, his best start and finish in five previous attempts.
- Bourdais is the only driver to win four consecutive championships, taking the Champ Car World Series title in 2004 – 2007.
- Bourdais, 36, is a native of Le Mans, France but resides in St. Petersburg, Florida.
|Career Statistics (includes CART and year to date IndyCar)|
|2015 Verizon IndyCar Series Statistics|
|2015 Verizon IndyCar Series Results|
|St. Petersburg S/F||6/6||New Orleans S/F||6/21|
|Long Beach S/F||9/6||Barber S/F||7/8|
|Indianapolis GP S/F||7/4||Indianapolis 500 S/F||7/11|
|Detroit Race 1 S/F||6/14||Detroit Race 2 S/F||9/1|
|Texas S/F||18/14||Toronto S/F||5/5|
|Fontana S/F||15/14||Milwaukee S/F||11/1|
|Number of Starts||5||2003 S/F||3/5|
|2014 S/F||1/2||Best Finish||2nd (2014)|
|2013 Q/S/F||14/13/12||Best Start||1st (2014)|
|2012 Q/S/F||7/6/4||Laps Led||39|