NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGYCHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Finished: 19th”I am really happy to finish the race. I was struggling for the first 150 laps and then I started to understand a little more about how the car reacts on ovals, how to take the line and where to apply the throttle in the corners. In the end, I started to have fun on the last 50 laps and even pass cars. We were going faster and faster as the race went on and I said I wasn’t confident at the start of the race but now I feel a bit more comfortable.”
- Coletti made his second career oval start tonight
- He finished a career oval best of 19th today (previous best was 25th at this years Indy 500)
- Coletti also had his best qualifying on an oval this weekend of 23rd (previous best was 32nd at Indy 500)
- His best start on a road/street course his eighth (Detroit race 2) and best finish is 8th (Grand Prix of Indianapolis)
- Coletti, a rookie picked up 11 points today and sits 20th in the championship standings with 115 points
NO. 11 TEAM HYDROXYCUT – KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Finished: 14th“The Hydroxycut team definitely made progress since last year. The car was actually pretty good. I tried to drive it a little to free and killed the rear tires a couple of times. Then under a yellow, we decided to pit and it was too early, so we didn’t beat the pace car out and got penalized. I also made a mistake. I thought it was a drive through penalty and it was a stop and go, so I had to come back in and we went down another lap. Toward the last part of the race we showed we had a good car. The last two stints were strong, but to make up two laps… We got very little out of a pretty good race and a solid race car, but it is what it is, now it is on to the next one.”
- Bourdais earned 16 points tonight and now sits seventh in the championship standings with 244points, 17 points from fifth.
- He has earned five top-10 finishes with two top-five showings and one win, last weekend in Detroit Race 2.
- The 2015 Firestone 500 was Bourdais’ 140th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 23rd on an oval, 27thwith KVSH Racing and third in an Indy car at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Today’s 14th place finish is Bourdais best in three IndyCar starts at TMS. He finished 20th in both previous starts (2013 and 2014).
- Bourdais won the 2005 IROC race at TMS.
- Bourdais has made 16 IndyCar oval starts with a best qualifying of fourth at Fontana in 2013 and a best finish of seventh at the Indianapolis 500 last year.
- Bourdais made seven oval starts in Champ Cars earning four victories: Lausitz in 2003, Las Vegas in 2004, 2005, and Milwaukee 2006.
- Of Bourdais’ 23 career oval starts, 14 have come in the last three years.
Round 10 of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series will be the Honda Indy 200 on the streets of Toronto, June 14 2015.
TV Broadcast: NBCSports at 3:00 PM ET
Radio Broadcast: XM 209 & IMS IndyCar Radio Affiliates
Online: Iindycar.com & Verizon INDYCAR 15 App