3 HITACHI/AAA/SHELL-PENNZOIL/VERIZON TEAM PENSKE DALLARA/CHEVROLET
- The Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indy will mark Helio Castroneves 300thcareer Verizon IndyCar Series start, which is the seventh-most in series history.
- It will be his 261st career start as a member of Team Penske.
- Castroneves’ 29 career series wins are tied with Team Penske legend and current consultant, Rick Mears, for 11th place on the all-time list.
- Castroneves’ 43 career Verizon P1 Pole Awards place him fourth on the all-time list
- The first series start for Castroneves came at Homestead-Miami Speedway on March 15, 1998. He qualified 22nd and finished 24th.
- Castroneves’ first Verizon IndyCar Series win came on June 18, 2000 in the Tenneco Grand Prix of Detroit at Belle Isle Park while driving for Team Penske. It was his 46th career start and seventh start with the team.
- Castroneves’ first Verizon P1 Pole Award came in the 1999 Miller Lite 225 at The Milwaukee Mile. It was his 26th career series start.
“Congratulations to Helio on making his 300th career start in the Verizon IndyCar Series this weekend. I could not think of a better place for him to celebrate this achievement than at than at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Helio really exemplifies what it means to be a member of Team Penske – both on and off the racetrack – since joining our team in 2000. His record speaks for itself and he continues to be one of the most productive drivers competing in the series. I know he will be doing everything he can to join Rick Mears as a four-time Team Penske winner of the Indianapolis 500 in a couple of weeks.”
– Roger Penske