Josef Newgarden, Luca Filippi, And JR Hildebrand Will Compete In This Weekend’s Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis
(SPEEDWAY, Ind.) May 7, 2015 – Advance Notes
- CFH Racing enters the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis with a three-car effort, adding J.R. Hildebrand to the regular CFHR road course lineup of Josef Newgarden and Luca Filippi.
- Of the three CFHR drivers, Hendersonvillle, Tenn. native Newgarden is the only one to have raced in last year’s inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis. Hildebrand and Filippi will be partipating in the event for the first time.
- CENTURY 21® Real Estate is joining CFHR for both events at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this month as the primary partner for Newgarden, changing the car to the No. 21 and a black and gold livery. With approximately 6,900 independent offices worldwide, CENTURY 21 has the largest global network in the residential real estate industry.
- Preferred Freezer Services will again be featured on Hildebrand’s No. 6 car. The company partnered with what was previously Ed Carpenter Racing to field a car for the 27-year-old from Sausalito, Calif. in the 2014 Indianapolis 500. Preferred Freezer Services offers the most modern, state-of-the-art, full service temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States.
- Filippi will pilot the No. 20 Fuzzy’s Award Winning Vodka Chevrolet around the 2.434-mile, 14-turn road course. When the Italian enters the course for today’s first practice session at 11 a.m. ET, it will be his first time on track at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- In the last race two weeks ago at Barber Motorsports Park, 24-year-old Newgarden earned his first career victory in the Verizon IndyCar Series with a commanding performance, leading a field-high 46 laps.
- With his victory, Newgarden vaulted to 4th in the Verizon IndyCar Series championship. Filippi currently sits 14th in the point standings; this will be Hildebrand’s first race of the 2015 season.
- The 2015 Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis will be broadcast live on ABC at3:30 p.m. (ET) on Saturday, May 9. The race will feature 82 laps with the green flag scheduled for 3:50 p.m.
LUCA FILIPPI, DRIVER OF THE NO. 20 FUZZY’S VODKA CHEVROLET: “Certainly, this is going to be the most important race in my season as I am not doing the Indy 500 so I am very motivated for this weekend. I can’t wait to be on track with a lot of track time so I will be able to learn the circuit as it is new to me. For some reason, it also feels familiar, so I have good vibes about it. The aim is to get a good result and I’m sure we have the capability and now I have a bit more experience to do it.”
Josef Newgarden debuted the No. 21 CENTURY 21 livery during Sunday’s Open Test on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Oval. Newgarden is entering this weekend at the most-recent Verizon IndyCar Series winner after his victory two weeks ago at Barber Motorsports Park.
JR Hildebrand returns to CFH Racing for the first time since the 2014 Indianapolis 500 this weekend. He will race both the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis and the Indianapolis 500 in the No. 6 Preferred Freezer Services Chevrolet.
About CFH Racing
Led by co-owners Ed Carpenter, Sarah Fisher, and Wink Hartman, CFH Racing was formed in August 2014 by the integration of Ed Carpenter Racing and Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing. What is now CFH Racing has five victories and 16 top five finishes in the past four years and back-to-back pole positions for the Indianapolis 500 with Carpenter. CFH Racing will compete in the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series with two Chevrolet V6 Twin Turbos, prepared in the team’s Speedway, Ind. headquarters. Josef Newgarden will pilot the No. 67 car; Carpenter will be the driver of the No. 20 car for the oval events and Luca Filippi will take the wheel for the road and street course events.