Lap 1: 224.769 mph
Lap 2: 224.676 mph
Lap 3: 224.460 mph
Lap 4: 224.504 mph
Average: 224.602 mph
Stefan Wilson Practice Qualifying quote:
“Just really excited to be qualified for the Indy 500. It’s great to be qualified in 30th position. Thank you so much to all of the guys on my team, they’ve spent some long hours at the track to get the car ready and to work on it over the week. I’m thankful to my team owners, Jimmy Vasser and Kevin Kalkhoven for giving me this opportunity, and of course my sponsors, Gap Guard, Driven2SaveLives – Indiana Donor Network, Innovative Solar and Premiere Glass and Mirror. Thank you to all of them for making it possible. Now we get to put the down force back in and race set-up to have a good race on Sunday.”
Stefan Wilson Fast Facts:
- Stefan Wilson is piloting the No. 25 Driven2SaveLives – KVRT Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone entry at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- He qualified 30th for the Indianapolis 500 and will start on the outside of Row 10.
- The 2016 Indianapolis 500 will be Wilson’s second career Verizon IndyCar Series start, first with KVRT Racing, first in an IndyCar on an oval and first in an IndyCar at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- He debuted in an IndyCar with Dale Coyne Racing in 2013 finishing 16th in Baltimore.
- Wilson competed in Indy Lights from 2009-2012 making 32 starts (2009 – Walker Racing, six starts; 2010 – Bryan Herta Racing, 11 starts; 2011 – Andretti Autosport, 14 starts and 2012 – Fan Force United, one start).
- His best season was 2011 when he finished third in the Indy Lights championship for Andretti Autosport on the strength of two wins, Toronto and Kentucky.
- He made two Indy Lights starts at IMS with a best showing of fourth in 2011 (seventh in 2010.
- Wilson is the brother of the late Justin Wilson who passed away in an accident at Pocono Raceway on August 24, 2015.
- Wilson, 26, is a native of Sheffield, England, but resides with his wife Katie in Indianapolis, IN.
Round 6 of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season will be the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500, Sunday, May 29, at on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana. The race well be broadcast live on ABC at 11:00 a.m. ET. It is also available on radio: XM 209 and IMS IndyCar Radio as well as online: IndyCar.com and Verizon IndyCar 15 app.