Practice 4: Fastest lap – 40.0616 seconds/224.654 mph – 29th
Combined Results: Fastest lap – 40.0616 seconds/224.654 mph – 30th
Stefan Wilson Practice 4 quote:
“It was a really productive day, we got a lot of track time. We made a lot of changes, I feel like we found some that were good, some that were bad. At the end of the day I feel like the Driven2SaveLives No. 25 was running pretty good and it’s probably the most comfortable I’ve felt all month. I’m really excited to come back tomorrow for Fast Friday with the extra boost and see what it’s like there.”
- Stefan Wilson is piloting the No. 25 Driven2SaveLives – KVRT Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone entry at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- The 2016 Indianapolis 500 will be Wilson’s second career Verizon IndyCar Series start, first with KVRT Racing, first in an IndyCar on an oval and first in an IndyCar at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- He debuted in an IndyCar with Dale Coyne Racing in 2013 finishing 16th in Baltimore.
- Wilson competed in Indy Lights from 2009-2012 making 32 starts (2009 – Walker Racing, six starts; 2010 – Bryan Herta Racing, 11 starts; 2011 – Andretti Autosport, 14 starts and 2012 – Fan Force United, one start).
- His best season was 2011 when he finished third in the Indy Lights championship for Andretti Autosport on the strength of two wins, Toronto and Kentucky.
- He made two Indy Lights starts at IMS with a best showing of fourth in 2011 (seventh in 2010.
- Wilson is the brother of the late Justin Wilson who passed away in an accident at Pocono Raceway on August 24, 2015.
- Wilson, 26, is a native of Sheffield, England, but resides with his wife Katie in Indianapolis, IN.
Round 6 of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season will be the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500, Sunday, May 29, at on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana. The race well be broadcast live on ABC at 11:00 a.m. ET. It is also available on radio: XM 209 and IMS IndyCar Radio as well as online: IndyCar.com and Verizon IndyCar 15 app.
The Indianapolis 500 qualifying will held on Saturday, May 21 and Sunday, May 22. Qualifications broadcast times are: Saturday May 21:4:00 – 6:00 p.m. ET on ABC. Sunday May 22: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on ESPN3 and 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. on ABC.