Fastest lap: 40.3488 seconds/223.055 mph – 22nd on speed charts
Sebastien Bourdais Practice Quote:
“It was a decent start of the week for the Hydroxycut – KVSH Racing team. We started with a setup that was quite different than what we are used to. We are still trying to acclimatize to the aero configuration for this year and come up with something that makes sense. The car is very sensible right now. It gives me good confidence on entry. We just need to dial out the understeer in traffic and find some speed. So, that is what we are going to do.”
- Sebastien Bourdais will drive the No. 11 KVSH Racing Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone entry in the 2016 Indianapolis 500.
- The 2016 Indianapolis 500 will be Bourdais’ 153rd career Verizon IndyCar Series start, 40th with KVSH Racing, 29th on an oval and sixth on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval.
- In five previous Indy 500 starts Bourdais has a best qualifying effort of seventh in 2015 and a best finish of seventh in 2014.
- In the first five races of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season, Bourdais has finished in the top-10 twice, eighth at Phoenix and ninth at Long Beach. He is currently 19th in the championship standings with 75 points.
- Of Bourdais 28 career oval starts, 19 have come in the last three years.
- Bourdais has made 20 IndyCar oval starts with a best qualifying of fourth at Fontana in 2013. His best finish is a win at Milwaukee, July 12, 2015, his first on an oval since 2006 also at Milwaukee.
- He made eight oval starts in Champ Cars earning four victories: Lausitz, 2003; Las Vegas, 2004 and 2005; Milwaukee 2006. He captured three poles: Lausitz, 2003; Las Vegas 2005; Milwaukee 2006.
Round 6 of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season will be the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500, Sunday, May 29, at on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana. The race well be broadcast live on ABC at 11:00 a.m. ET. It is also available on radio: XM 209 and IMS IndyCar Radio as well as online: IndyCar.com and Verizon IndyCar 15 app.
The Indianapolis 500 qualifying will held on Saturday, May 21 and Sunday, May 22. Qualifications broadcast times are: Saturday May 21:4:00 – 6:00 p.m. ET on ABC. Sunday May 22: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. on ESPN3 and 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. on ABC.