ABC Supply 500 at Pocono Raceway – Qualifying Notes
Sebastien Bourdais – No. 11 Team MISTIC E-Cigs – KVSH Racing Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone –
Qualified: 10th (2-lap average 219.521 mph / total time 1:21.9968 seconds)
“It was a good effort from the Mistic E-Cigs – KVSH Racing crew. We had a bit of trouble at the end of the practice this morning, so we didn’t really know what we had for qualifying. We had a very disconnected car, in practice, understeer, oversteer and in qualifying the car was very free, but pretty solid. I didn’t play too much with the adjustments, so no complaints. I am just happy to have managed two flat out laps, which I have never done at Pocono in qualifying until today. It is a 500-mile race, so you never know what can happen. Hopefully we can have a good race and stay in contention for a top-five finish in the championship.”
- The 2015 Pocono INDYCAR 500 will be Bourdais’ 146th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 33rd with KVSH Racing, 27th on an oval and third at Pocono Raceway.
- Bourdais currently sits 6th in the championship standings with 379 points on the strength of eight top-10 finishes with four top-five showings and two wins, (Detroit Race 2 and Milwaukee).
- Bourdais 10th place qualifying position is his best in three attempts at Pocono International Raceway surpassing an 11th place starting spot in 2013. In two previous races his best finish is 16th (2014 and 2013).
- Bourdais has qualified in the top-10 nine out of 13 times a qualifying session has been held this year missing only on the ovals at Texas, 18th; Fontana, 15th, Milwaukee, 11th and Iowa, 24th.
- Bourdais has started in the top-10 at total of 11 times in the 15 races this year (started sixth at NOLA and ninth at Detroit Race 2 when the field was gridded by points because qualifying was rained out).
- Of Bourdais 26 career oval starts, 17 have come in the last three years
- Bourdais has made 19 IndyCar oval starts with a best qualifying of fourth at Fontana in 2013. His best finish is his victory at Milwaukee this year (his first oval win since 2006 also at Milwaukee).
- Bourdais made seven oval starts in Champ Cars earning four victories: Lausitz, 2003; Las Vegas in 2004 and 2005; Milwaukee 2006 and capturing three poles Lausitz, 2003; Las Vegas 2005 and Milwaukee in 2006.
ABC Supply 500 at Pocono Raceway – Qualifying Quote and bullet points
Stefano Coletti – No. 4 KV Racing Technology – Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone
Qualified: DNQ – will start 24th
“Obviously, I am disappointed not to be able to qualify. We had a great car this morning in practice. It was well balanced and we were trimming it even more for qualifying. Then on my last run, my last outing, I crashed and we couldn’t get it repaired in time for the qualifying session. We will start from the back of the fieldtomorrow, but it is a 500-mile race so anything can happen.”
- The 2015 Pocono INDYCAR 500 will be Coletti’s 15th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 15th with KV Racing Technology, sixth on an oval and first at Pocono Raceway.
- Coletti has a best oval finish of 12th (Fontana) and best start of 19th(Milwaukee)
- His best IndyCar finish on a road/street course is 8th (GP of Indy) and his best start is 8th (Detroit Race 1).
- Coletti, 26, is third generation Monegasque, who still resides in Monaco, Monaco.