NO.11 TEAM HYDROXYCUT – KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Round 1 (Grp 1): 1st – 65.3377 secs / 124.412 mph
Round 2: 4th – 64. 9267 secs / 125.200 mph
Firestone Fast Six: 3rd – 64.9965 secs / 125.065 mph
“A good day for the Hydroxycut team, but not good enough to get Dixie (Scott Dixon) and Will (Power). I was a little surprised at the gap. I don’t understand how they can pull stronger laps in the Firestone Fast Six, but it is what it is. We just have to keep digging. I think we made a huge improvement on the Firestone red (alternate) tires, which is very satisfying. If you are going to have a good race at Mid-Ohio you are going to have to be strong on the reds. Starting third we are in the running to win tomorrow. Chevy has given us reliable power and if things pan out right, the car is very strong on the black (primary) tires, so we can make it happen.”
* The 2015 Honda Indy 200 will be Bourdais’ 145th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 32nd with KVSH Racing and sixth at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
* This is Bourdais best qualifying effort of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar season surpassing a fifth place starting position in Toronto.
* Bourdais has qualified in the top-10 five times and the top-three three times with one pole (2014) in six appearances at Mid-Ohio. In his five previous starts here he has four top-10 finishes including three top-five showings and one podium, second in 2014.
* Bourdais has made at least the second round of qualifying at all seven road/street races this season where qualifying was held. There was no qualifying at NOLA and Detroit 2 due to rain.
* He has reached the final round, the Firestone Fast Six, four times, St. Petersburg, Detroit Race 1, Toronto and Mid-Ohio. Also started sixth at NOLA when field gridded by points.
* Bourdais has qualified in the top-10 eight out of 12 times a qualifying session has been held this year missing only on the ovals at Texas, 18th; Fontana, 15th, Milwaukee, 11th and Iowa, 24th.
* Bourdais has started in the top-10 at total of 10 times in the 14 races this year (started sixth at NOLA and ninth at Detroit Race 2 when the field was gridded by points because qualifying was rained out).
* After the first 13 races of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar season, Bourdais is sixth in the championship standings with 366 points, 37 out of second, on the strength of eight top-10 finishes with four top-five showings and two wins, (Detroit Race 2 and Milwaukee).
NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGY CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Round 1 (Grp 2): 9th – 65.6204 secs / 123.876 mph
Round 2: N/A
Firestone Fast Six: N/A
“I am disappointed about qualifying today. I had a good car and we had the possibility to advance to the next round. Unfortunately I made a mistake on the final lap, which would have put me P4 in the group. I have to thank my crew and Chevy for giving me a good car and will now focus on the race tomorrow and see what we can do!”
* Coletti’s best qualifying is eighth for Detroit Race 1
* He has advanced to the second round of qualifying twice in his IndyCar career.
* His best IndyCar career finish is eighth at the GP of Indy.
* Coletti sits 20th in the championship standings with 160 points.