High-Performance Energizer(R) EcoAdvanced(TM) AA Battery to Serve as Primary Partner on Scott Dixon’s No. 9 Chevrolet at Texas Motor Speedway
INDIANAPOLIS (June 3, 2015) – Target Chip Ganassi Racing (TCGR) announced today that Three-time Verizon IndyCar Series Champion and former Indianapolis 500 Winner Scott Dixon will be sporting the colors of Energizer(R) EcoAdvancedTM Batteries in Round 9 of the Verizon IndyCar Series this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway.
As an extension of the long-standing partnership with TCGR, Energizer(R) will feature the recently introduced Energizer(R) EcoAdvancedTM batteries on the No. 9 Energizer(R) EcoAdvancedTM Chevrolet. Energizer(R) EcoAdvancedTM is a first-of-its-kind battery made with four percent recycled battery material that delivers long-standing power while creating less impact on the planet.
Notes of Interest:
* Energizer EcoAdvanced AA Battery: Energizer is answering consumer expectations, which includes long lasting quality, reliability and responsibility through making less of an impact on the planet. Disproving many in the industry, Energizer(R) scientists spent the past seven years creating a battery that is their highest performing alkaline battery and the world’s first AA battery made with four percent recycled battery material. Energizer(R) is committed to bringing positive energy to the world by creating less waste and working toward a future where recycling is more broadly available.
* Energizer at the Track: TCGR and Energizer(R) have enjoyed a strong relationship for nearly 20 years. Energizer(R) has been a fixture with the team in both the Verizon IndyCar Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Chip Ganassi Racing Teams’ NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers Jamie McMurray and Kyle Larson most recently ran the No. 1 and No. 42 Energizer(R) EcoAdvancedTM Chevrolets at Richmond International Raceway and Atlanta Motor Speedway, respectively.
* Dixon at Texas: Dixon has 15 career starts at Texas Motor Speedway including one win, one pole, eight top-five and 10 top-10 finishes, and has been running at the finish in all but three of those starts. Dixon has completed 85 percent of the laps attempted at Texas. He has an average starting position of 7.0 and an average finishing position of 7.4
* More on Energizer: Just as innovative approaches were taken to create the EcoAdvancedTM battery, the No. 9 team is constantly looking for ways to improve on the car as they strive to achieve the highest performance possible throughout the race. Similar to Team Target’s dedication to finding innovative ways to be efficient while still remaining effective on the race track, Energizer(R) is dedicated to creating a long-lasting battery made of recycled materials, including the continued focus to ultimately deliver a battery made of 40 percent recycled materials by 2025.
* Todd Schroeder, VP of North America Sales, Energizer: “Energizer is excited for another IndyCar Series paint scheme on the No. 9 car. We launched our biggest innovation in years with Energizer(R) EcoAdvancedTM earlier this year and look forward to seeing the brand back on the track. Building awareness of EcoAdvancedTM is instrumental in its first year of launch and making that connection with the fan that it is available at Target is key. Elevating the awareness to this level with the IndyCar fans wouldn’t be possible if it wasn’t for our partnership with Target Chip Ganassi Racing.”
* Scott Dixon, Driver No. 9 Energizer(R) EcoAdvancedTM Chevrolet: “Energizer has been an integral part of the Target Race Program since 1996 and I’ve been to victory lane with them three times before in the IndyCar Series so I’m looking for them to bring me some added luck. I’m always on the lookout for the latest technology so it will be great representing the Energizer(R) EcoAdvancedTM program this weekend in Texas for Team Target.”