NO.11 TEAM MISTIC E-CIGS KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Practice 1: Finished 5th – 68.3706 secs / 121.105 mph
Practice 2: Finished 5th – 67.7337 secs / 122.243 mph
Combined: Finished 5th – 67.7337 secs / 122.243 mph (Practice 2)
Round 1 (Grp 2): 67.3141 secs / 123.005 mph
Round 2: 67.2462 secs / 123.130 mph
Firestone Fast Six: N/A
* This was Bourdais’ best qualifying effort in five attempts at Barber Motorsports Park and the first time he has qualified in the top-10. His previous best starting position was 12th last year.
* Bourdais has qualified in the top-10 all three times this season (St. Petersburg, sixth; Long Beach, ninth and Barber, seventh) and will start in the top-10 for the fourth time in four races this year (started sixth at NOLA when field gridded by points due to weather.
* Bourdais made at least the second round of street/road qualifying for the third time this season (St. Petersburg, Long Beach and Barber). There was no qualifying at NOLA.
* In four previous starts at Barber Motorsports Park, Bourdais has a best finish of ninth in 2012.
* In four previous starts at Barber, Bourdais has had one top-10 finish (ninth) in 2012 and a best start of 12th last year.
“The Mistic machine was in the top five in both the practice sessions, so we had hoped that we would stay there. We missed the Firestone Fast Six by just a couple hundredths of a second, so obviously we are a little disappointed. It can go either way in these conditions. It wasn’t my greatest lap and we just seem to be struggling a little bit on road courses when we put the red (alternate) tires on. We are getting better, but we still need to fine tune the thing. The Mistic guys did a good job today, now we just have to go get the car ready for race day.”
NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGY CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Practice 1: Finished 17th – 68.9618 secs / 120.066 mph
Practice 2: Finished 15th – 68.6272 secs / 120.652 mph
Combined Practice Report: Finished 16th – 68.6272 secs / 120.652 mph (Practice 2)
Round 1 (Grp 2): 67.9947 secs / 121.774 mph
Round 2: N/A
Firestone Fast Six: N/A
* This is Coletti’s Indycar career best qualifying. His previous best was 17th at his IndyCar debut in St. Petersburg this year.
* Coletti showed speed last weekend at Long Beach by setting the record for fastest lap of the race, which was previously held by E.J. Viso (also with KV Racing) in 2013.
* Coletti has the support of Harbert Management Corporation this weekend, a U.S. Investment Management company based locally in Birmingham, Alabama.
“I am bit disappointed with how qualifying went today. We haven’t really found the grip that we need so I am sliding around and can’t put down a lap time. Unfortunately that is where we are right now but the team are working hard to try and solve it and hopefully we will have a better day tomorrow.”