NO.11 TEAM HYDROXYCUT – KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
BOURDAIS HAS STRONG PERFORMANCE, FINISHES SIXTH IN TOYOTA GRAND PRIX OF LONG BEACH
* Bourdais has finished sixth in two of the first three races of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season. He was also running sixth before a later pit stop at NOLA dropped him out of the top-10. He was then collected in an incident involving Ryan Hunter-Reay and Simon Pagenaud.
* Bourdais earned 29 points today and is now eighth in the championship race with 66 points.
* Bourdais led his first lap of the season leading two laps (lap 56).
* In 10 starts at Long Beach, Bourdais has finished in the top-10 five times, with four podium performances including three wins (2005-2007).
* Bourdais drove the No. 11 Team HYDROXYCUT – KVSH Racing Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone in the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
“It was a trying weekend, but we hit the reset button and the Hydroxycut machine was good. The guys really did a hectic of a job. In one way it is frustrating because we struggled so much in practice and qualifying, but at the same time it is encouraging because we were able to recover. We tried something and it didn’t work, so we really hurt ourselves, but then when we got the car back in the window for the race we were quick. There will be some other weekends like this and we will just have to work hard to capitalize. Thanks to Hydroxycut and Mistic we have a strong package behind us and we just have to keep digging.”
NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGY CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
COLETTI SETS FASTEST RACE LAP RECORD
* Coletti sets fastest race lap record, 68.0969 seconds / 104.040 mph on lap 56
* Went from 23rd to 15th in the first 13 laps
“We had a great start and then the yellow came out. The team called me in for a splash of fuel and it was a really good strategy move, because we were able to pass five or six cars doing that and rejoin the race in 17th. I carried on jumping up tracking positions and got as high as 15th, which was pretty good coming from last but then I had a gearbox problem. I had to come into the pits to repair it and then my race was pretty much over and I was racing on my own. It’s a shame because the No. 4 KV Racing Technology car was really fast and the team gave me a great car, which I showed by setting the fastest lap of the race. We could have easily ended up in the top-10 and its another race that ended up like that, but we will keep on working and be ready for Barber next weekend.”