NO.11 TEAM HYDROXYCUT KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
BOURDAIS FINISHES CAREER BEST SIXTH IN 2015 VERIZON INDYCAR SEASON OPENING FIRESTONE GRAND PRIX OF ST. PETERSBURG
* Best finish in an Indy car season opening race since 2006 (won Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beac.
* Best finish in five starts at St. Petersburg where he resides.
* First top-10 finish since Houston on 8/03/14
“It was a solid result for the Hydroxycut – KVSH Racing team, but it was a bit up and down. Initially, it felt like we had something special going. I got TK (Tony Kanaan) and the car had good pace. Then I made a couple of mistakes and a restart didn’t go my way. After that Sato hit us and we lost three positions. It was one of those races where you controlled the damage, but you don’t feel you have achieved what you were capable of. I am satisfied with the result and happy for the team, they did a good job. It’s a good start to the season. The pace was good when we got clear air, but it is definitely is hard to follow other cars and get a run on them. We will keep digging, keeping working on starting higher up on the grid and see where we end up.”
NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGY CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
COLETTI HAS HIGHS AND LOWS IN VERIZON INDYCAR DEBUT AT FIRESTONE GRAND PRIX OF ST. PETERSBURG
* Went from the back of the field to close to the top-10 four times, passing a total of 15 cars during his IndyCar debut
* Went from 21st to 12th in 10 laps
* Did an outstanding job on restart, gaining three to four positions within one lap
* Ran as high as eighth with just four laps remaining
“The KV Racing Technology team gave me a great car today, but unfortunately we didn’t have the result to prove it. The car was fast and I overtook a lot of people. Every restart I overtook several cars, improving three or four positions. Obviously, I am disappointed with the final result. I had some issues and had to make up a lot of positions so I used a lot of fuel. As a result I had to pit with four laps to go. At least I had fun today in my first Verizon IndyCar Series race and hopefully the result will change when we race in New Orleans in two weeks.”