Stefan Wilson Race Day Quote:
“Disappointing to not be able to bring home the No. 25 Driven2SaveLives car and make it to the finish. Unfortunately, a fuel leak started happening maybe on the 100th lap caused an electrical fire and disabled the gearbox so when we went on that final restart during lap 104, it wouldn’t shift out of third gear. We tried to solve the issue and took the car back to the garage, came back out and the issue persisted so we had to call it a day. The No. 25 Driven2SaveLives Chevy was handling really well and we made a great start going 30th to 24th on the first lap and really felt that the car was getting going and I felt like we had some more speed in there that we just had to make adjustments on the pit stop and I think we would’ve been in really good shape, we could’ve brought home a top 15 finish today but you know, that’s racing – there’s always mishaps and unfortunately that’s what happened today. Overall, it was a good month, we ran a lot of laps and I’ve learned a lot about running an IndyCar here at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, I think that’s going to help me in future years if I’m able to come back here and race again. I know now what I want to achieve from the car handling and I think if I do come back next year, I’m already so far developed from where I started just under two weeks ago. It seems as though a lot of time has passed but it’s crazy to think it has only been two weeks.”
Stefan Wilson Fast Facts:
- Stefan Wilson piloted the No. 25 Driven2SaveLives – KVRT Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone entry at the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500.
- The 2016 Indianapolis 500 is Wilson’s second career Verizon IndyCar Series start, first with KVRT Racing, first in an IndyCar on an oval and first in an IndyCar at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- He debuted in an IndyCar with Dale Coyne Racing in 2013 finishing 16th in Baltimore.
- Wilson competed in Indy Lights from 2009-2012 making 32 starts (2009 – Walker Racing, six starts; 2010 – Bryan Herta Racing, 11 starts; 2011 – Andretti Autosport, 14 starts and 2012 – Fan Force United, one start).
- His best season was 2011 when he finished third in the Indy Lights championship for Andretti Autosport on the strength of two wins, Toronto and Kentucky.
- He made two Indy Lights starts at IMS with a best showing of fourth in 2011 (seventh in 2010.
- Wilson is the brother of the late Justin Wilson who passed away in an accident at Pocono Raceway on August 24, 2015.
- Wilson, 26, is a native of Sheffield, England, but resides with his wife Katie in Indianapolis, IN.