Round 1 (Group 2): Seventh – 67.6432 secs/104.738 mph
Round 2: N/A
Firestone Fast Six: N/A
“I am disappointed for the guys. They worked really hard. On the replay you can see that the checkered flag falls behind me, but apparently the checkered flag is not in sync with timing and scoring. As far as I am concerned I didn’t go by the checkered flag twice. It is just different reference points. We thought we were clear, but apparently I wasn’t. We also have a new sponsor here, California Baptist University and some of their engineering students, so I feel bad for them. Qualifying 14th will definitely make tomorrow’s race a lot more difficult. We will have to come up with something during the race if we are going to have a good result.”
- Bourdais is driving the No. 11 California Baptist University – KVSH Racing Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone in the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.
- The 2016 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach will be Bourdais’ 150th career Verizon IndyCar Series start, 37th with KVSH Racing and 11th on the streets of Long Beach.
- Bourdais has now qualified eighth (St. Petersburg), 15th (Phoenix) and 14th (Long Beach) in the first three races of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season.
- He has now qualified in the top-10 seven times in 11 attempts at Long Beach with two poles (2006 & 2007). He won from the pole both times.
- In 10 previous races on the streets of Long Beach, Bourdais has finished in the top-10 five times, with four podiums including three consecutive victories (2005, 2006 & 2007).
- Bourdais is one of two drivers to win the Long Beach Grand Prix at least three consecutive times. Al Unser Jr. won four in a row from 1988 to 1991.
- Bourdais is contesting his 11th Verizon IndyCar Series season and third with KVSH Racing
- In 149 career IndyCar starts, Bourdais has won 34 races and taken 33 pole positions, tying him for seventh on the all-time list in each category.
- Bourdais is the only driver to win four consecutive IndyCar championships, taking the title in 2004 – 2007 (Champ Car World Series).
- Bourdais, 37, is a native of Le Mans, France but resides in St. Petersburg, Florida.
The Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach is Round 3 of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season and will be broadcast live on NBC Sports Network at 4:00 p.m. ET. It is also available on radio: XM 209 and IMS IndyCar Radio as well as online: IndyCar.com and Verizon IndyCar 15 app