NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGYCHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
“I am very happy with my first top-10 finish of the year. We had a difficult start to the race when there was an accident in turn one and I had to go through the shortcut but luckily didn’t lose any positions. We had a good strategy and I was able to move up a few more places. I had a great battle with Tony Kanaan, passing and re-passing two or three times a lap and managed to hold him off until four laps to go when he unfortunately passed me. We are very happy with the top-10 finish today and I am sure we have more coming our way.”
- Coletti’s eighth place today is his IndyCar career best finish
- Coletti had his IndyCar career best start 10th this weekend. His previous best was 16th at Barber two weeks ago
- Coletti picked up 24 points today and now sits 19th in the championship standings with 65 points
- This was Coletti’s second open-wheel start on the road course at IMS.
- He was here in 2006, when he won the Formula BMW USA race
NO.11 MISTIC E-CIGS – KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
“I am happy that we finally finished in the top-five, but for sure I am a little disappointed because we got up to third after the massacre on lap one in turn one and we finished fourth. The race was all about track position and we got unlucky with traffic. The Circle K Mistic E-Cigs car was really good today, but we just could not pass anyone. We needed clear air and we tried a lot of things to get it, but we could never make it work. The guys did a good job in the pits, but it was just not meant to be. The good thing is I think we found a little something with the red tires.”
- Bourdais has started seventh and finished fourth in both of the Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
- Today’s fourth place finish is Bourdais first of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season. He has finished in the top-eight in four of the first five races this season (St. Petersburg, sixth; Long Beach, sixth, Alabama, eighth and GP of Indianapolis, fourth). He was running sixth before a late pit stop at NOLA dropped him out of the top-10. He was then collected in an incident and finished 21st.
- Bourdais is 9th in the championship race with 123 points.
Round 6 of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series will be the 99th running of the Indianapolis 500 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, May 24, 2015.
TV Broadcast: ABC at 11:00 AM ET
Radio Broadcast: XM 209 & IMS IndyCar Radio Affiliates
Online: Iindycar.com & Verizon INDYCAR 15 App