Team Hopes To Claim First Oval Victory Of The Year After Capturing Wins On Road And Street Courses
(SPEEDWAY, Ind.) July 7, 2015 – Advance Notes
* CFH Racing moves north to Milwaukee, Wis. for the 11th race of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series schedule and 4th oval race of the year. Though two of the three team cars finished in the Top 10 at the Indianapolis 500, the second oval race of the year at Texas Motor Speedway ended in unrelated mechanical failures for Josef Newgarden and Ed Carpenter. An on-track incident eliminated both cars from competition at the third oval event at Auto Club Speedway.
* After finishing 1-2 in two races ago in Toronto with Newgarden and road/street course driver Luca Filippi, the most recent event in Fontana, Calif. was the opposite end of the spectrum for CFH Racing. Teammates Carpenter and Newgarden were involved in their own two-car accident, ending both of their races at the same time. Newgarden was credited with a 21st place result; Carpenter behind in the 22nd position.
* The ABC Supply Company Wisconsin 250 features a unique schedule, with practice, qualifying and the race all taking place on Sunday, July 12. One late afternoon practice session will begin the weekend on Saturday, July 11. The Milwaukee Mile is located inside the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds in West Allis, Wis.
* Newgarden’s No. 67 Chevrolet will sport a special scheme for this weekend’s event with Direct Supply, a longtime supporter of the team, on the sidepods. Direct Supply, headquartered in Milwaukee, is the nation’s leading provider of equipment, eCommerce and service solutions for Senior Living. Blue accents will also replace the traditional copper on the car.
* Carpenter will jump into his No. 20 Fuzzy’s Vodka Chevrolet at the Milwaukee Mile with more experience than most of the field, having participated in 10 previous IndyCar races at the one-mile oval. The Indianapolis native has three Top 10s at the venue, including a 9th place in the 2014 event.
* Newgarden has three IndyCar starts at the Milwaukee Mile, including 2014 where he started and finished 5th. His result last year is also best to date for CFH Racing.
* The 24-year-old is having a career-best season since joining the Verizon IndyCar Series four years ago, capturing two wins in a stretch of seven races. Newgarden’s victory at Barber Motorsports Park in late April was the first of his IndyCar career.
* With his win last month in Toronto, Newgarden joined Juan Pablo Montoya and Scott Dixon as two-time winners through 10 races this season. CFH Racing is now ranked with Team Penske and Chip Ganassi Racing as the only teams with multiple victories in so far in 2015.
* The 250-lap ABC Supply Company Wisconsin 250 will be broadcast live on NBC Sports Network at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 12.
ED CARPENTER, NO. 20 FUZZY’S VODKA CHEVROLET: “I’m very excited to becoming back to the Milwaukee Mile for IndyFest. Milwaukee is one of the most fun and challenging tracks on the circuit and it’s always a driver favorite. We had a strong car last year, so I’m even more excited to be coming back with the new Chevy aero kit.”
JOSEF NEWGARDEN, NO. 67 DIRECT SUPPLY CHEVROLET: “I’m excited to get to Milwaukee, it’s one of the best tracks we go to all year and it’s one of my favorites. It’s really unique as it’s the only flat, one-mile oval we race on. To me, it almost drives more like a road course than an oval. As a guy with a road racing background, I’ve always loved going to that place. This race is also extra special because we have Direct Supply on the car there. With their headquarters nearby and their support all year long, it’s important for us to put on a good show and enjoy the weekend with them!”