Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama Post-Event Infractions
INDIANAPOLIS (April 29, 2015) – INDYCAR announced the following post-event infractions from the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama, which was held April 25-26 at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Ala.:
• Chevrolet received a deduction of 20 manufacturer championship points per Verizon IndyCar Series regulations. According to Rule 10.6.4.4, 20 points will be deducted for a non-minor engine repair to the Chevrolet engine in the No. 8 entry. Chevrolet notified INDYCAR and completed the repair within the scope of the rules.
• INDYCAR officials fined crew members of Team Penske a total of $1,500 for violating Rule 7.9.6 (failure to attend equipment during pit stop).
• INDYCAR officials fined KV Racing Technology $500 for violating Rule 22.214.171.124 (passing over own airhose).
• INDYCAR officials fined a crew member of Chip Ganassi Racing Teams $500 for violating Rule 7.9.6 (failure to attend equipment during pit stop).
• INDYCAR officials withdrew the $500 penalty imposed against a crew member of KV Racing Technology on April 22 for violating Rule 126.96.36.199(f) (fueling without visor down) after a further internal review.
Members may contest the imposition of the penalties pursuant to the procedures and timelines detailed in the review and appeal procedures of the Verizon IndyCar Series rulebook.