Lap 1: 227.4798mph
Lap 2: 227.403 mph
Lap 3: 227.474 mph
Lap 4: 227.357 mph
Average: 227.428 MPH
Sebastien Bourdais Practice Qualifying quote:
“It was a solid qualifying run for the Hydroxycut – KVSH Racing Team. The only shame is that we were not geared up for the tailwind. We had a rescue plan for the wind which we used, but it definitely was not ideal for us. When you upshift twice and downshift twice a lap, it about a tenth of a mile per hour that goes away per shift. It’s a shame because we probably should have done a 228 flat if the conditions had been better. At least the laps were very consistent. Not quick enough, not where we want to be, but we did the best with what we had today and overall it was a good run.
Sebastien Bourdais Fast Facts:
- Sebastien Bourdais will drive the No. 11 Team Hydroxycut – KVSH Racing Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone entry in the 2016 Indianapolis 500.
- He qualified 19th for the Indianapolis 500 and will start on the inside of Row 7.
- Bourdais has now qualified in the top-10 three times in six races so far this season with a best starting position of fifth at Barber (qualified eighth at St. Petersburg, 10th today at the Indy GP).
- The 2016 Indianapolis 500 will be Bourdais’ 153rd career Verizon IndyCar Series start, 40th with KVSH Racing, 29th on an oval and sixth on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval.
- In five previous Indy 500 starts Bourdais has a best qualifying effort of seventh in 2015 and a best finish of seventh in 2014.
- In the first five races of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season, Bourdais has finished in the top-10 twice, eighth at Phoenix and ninth at Long Beach. He is currently 19th in the championship standings with 75 points.
- Of Bourdais 28 career oval starts, 19 have come in the last three years.
- Bourdais has made 20 IndyCar oval starts with a best qualifying of fourth at Fontana in 2013. His best finish is a win at Milwaukee, July 12, 2015, his first on an oval since 2006 also at Milwaukee.
- He made eight oval starts in Champ Cars earning four victories: Lausitz, 2003; Las Vegas, 2004 and 2005; Milwaukee 2006. He captured three poles: Lausitz, 2003; Las Vegas 2005; Milwaukee 2006.
Round 6 of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season will be the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500, Sunday, May 29, at on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana. The race well be broadcast live on ABC at 11:00 a.m. ET. It is also available on radio: XM 209 and IMS IndyCar Radio as well as online: IndyCar.com and Verizon IndyCar 15 app.