NO. 11 TEAM EUROPA – KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis – May 12-14, 2016
KVSH Racing driver Sebastien Bourdais enters the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis, Round 5 of the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series season, looking to jump-start his championship hopes. Bourdais, who has two top-10 finishes in the first four races of the 2016 season, currently sits 14th in the championship standings with 69 points. He is 18 points out of 10th place.
Sebastien Bourdais quote:
“I like the design of the Indy road circuit. There are a couple of good passing zones, but like all the road and street courses on the schedule, qualifying will be very important. We have finished fourth in the Indy Grand Prix the last two years and last year it was our first top-five finish of the season. Hopefully we can at least do that again this year. The EUROPA – KVSH Racing team has shown good pace, but we haven’t achieved the results we wanted so far this season. We just have to keep working and have a good race this weekend for the team and our sponsors.”
- Sebastien Bourdais will pilot the No. 11 Team EUROPA – KVSH Racing Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone entry at the Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis.
- The 2016 Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indiana will be Bourdais’ 152nd career Verizon IndyCar Series start, 39th with KVSH Racing and third on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course.
- In two previous IndyCar appearances on the IMS road course, Bourdais has qualified seventh and finished fourth both times.
- Bourdais is contesting his 11th Verizon IndyCar season and third with KVSH Racing
- In 151 career IndyCar starts, Bourdais has won 34 races and taken 33 pole positions, tying him for seventh on the all-time list in each category.
- Bourdais is the only driver to win four consecutive IndyCar championships, taking the title in 2004 – 2007 (Champ Car World Series).
- Bourdais, 37, is a native of Le Mans, France but resides in St. Petersburg, Florida.