NO. 4 KV RACING TECHNOLOGYCHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Qualified: 19th (2-lap average 166.410mph / total time 43.9156 seconds)
“It’s a shame today with what happened. We had a great car and was having a great run today so I am sure we could of had a great result. We will work hard for Iowa next weekend and hopefully can get a great result there.”
- Coletti had his best qualifying today, starting 19th, his previous best was 21st at Fontana two weeks ago.
- Coletti’s best finish on an oval is 11th at Fontana.
- Coletti made his 12th Verizon IndyCar start today, 12th with KV Racing Technology and first on the Milwaukee Mile.
- Coletti made his oval debut this year at the Indianapolis 500. He is the second Monegasque driver to start there (Louis Chiron in 1929 was the other).
- His best finish on a road/street course is 8th (GP of Indianapolis) and best qualifying is also 8th (Detroit Race 1).
- Coletti, a rookie picked up 10 points today and sits 19th in the championship standings with 150 points.
NO. 11 TEAM HYDROXYCUT – KVSH RACING CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Qualified: 11th (2-lap average 168.462 mph / total time 43.3807 secs)
“On these ovals, you can go from hero to zero and back to hero again. I guess that’s my story,” said Bourdais, who qualified 11th. “It’s so much about momentum when you can feel one with the car and today the guys gave me an awesome car. It felt pretty good off the truck and I thought, ‘This could be a pretty good weekend.’ And then we messed up qualifying. Never did I think we could come up through the field and pass everybody. It’s just unbelievable. It’s what these places do to you. When the car is right, it’s so, so special.”“It’s just awesome, especially here at Milwaukee because it’s such a historic place. It was one of my favorite tracks when I was racing here,” team co-owner Jimmy Vasser said. “In the fashion he did it … we put ourselves on a different strategy to be able to let him go when he could and then in the box saving fuel. He lapped the field. It was awesome.”
- Today’s win in the 2015 ABC Supply Wisconsin 250 at the Milwaukee Mile was Bourdais’ second win of the season (also won Detroit Race 2).
- Bourdais now has 34 IndyCar career victories tying him for seventh all-time with Al Unser Jr. His 33 poles are also tied for seventh all-time.
- This was Bourdias first oval win since a victory here in 2006.
- Bourdais led 118 laps today and has now led 139 total this season.
- He has now made 143 Verizon IndyCar Series starts, 30 with KVSH, 25 on an oval and seven at the Milwaukee Mile.
- Bourdais earned 53 points today and is now sixth in the championship standings with 343 points.
- In the first 12 races of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season, Bourdais has earned seven top-10 finishes with four top-five showings and the two wins, (fourth at the Indianapolis Grand Prix and fifth at Toronto).
- In seven starts at Milwaukee, Bourdais has qualified in the top-six three times (all in Champ Car) with one pole, 2006. He has finished in the top-10 four times with the two wins.
- Bourdais has qualified this year in the top-10 seven out of the 10 times a qualifying session has been held missing out only on the ovals at Texas, qualified 18th; Fontana, 15thand Milwaukee, 11th.
- Bourdais has started in the top-10 nine times in the 12 races this year (started sixth at NOLA and ninth at Detroit Race 2 when the field was gridded by points because qualifying was rained out).
- Of Bourdais’ 25 career oval starts, 15 have come in the last three years.
- Bourdais has made 18 IndyCar oval starts with a best qualifying position of fourth at Fontana in 2013. Today’s victory surpasses his previous best finish of seventh at the Indianapolis 500 in 2014.
- Bourdais made seven oval starts in Champ Cars earning four victories: Lausitz, 2003; Las Vegas in 2004 and 2005; Milwaukee 2006 and capturing three poles Lausitz, 2003; Las Vegas 2005 and Milwaukee in 2006.
Round 13 of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series will be the Iowa Corn 250 at Iowa Speedway in Newton, IA onJuly 18th 2015.
TV Broadcast: NBCSports at 8:00 PM ET
Radio Broadcast: XM 209 & IMS IndyCar Radio Affiliates
Online: indycar.com & Verizon INDYCAR 15 App