“It was obviously a very frustrating race. As usual we were racy in the beginning, in wet conditions and we seemed on pace, I passed Simon (Pagenaud) then there was a yellow that came out late and I got the call but lost a position to Dixon. Then it only went downhill from there. We tried to look at the tools we had weather wise and things did not go our way. So, we will just hit the reset button, wake up tomorrow and it will be a different day.”
* The 2015 Chevrolet Dual In Detroit presented by Quicken Loans Race 1 was Bourdais’ 138th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 25th with KVSH Racing and sixth at Detroit.
* In his six starts in Detroit, Bourdais has a best qualifying position of sixth (Race 1 this year) and a best finish of 11th in 2013 (Race 2).
* Bourdais is ninth in the championship standings with 177 points.
* Bourdais has finished in the top-10 in four of the first seven races of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series season with one top-five finish, a fourth at the Grand Prix of Indianapolis (St. Petersburg, sixth; Long Beach, sixth, Alabama, eighth). At NOLA, he collected in an incident and finished 21st. He placed 11th last week in the Indianapolis 500 to go with today’s 14th place finish.
* Round 8 of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series will be Race 2 of the Chevrolet Dual in Detroit Presented by Quicken Loans tomorrow.
TV Broadcast: ABC at 3:30 PM ET
Radio Broadcast: XM 209 & IMS IndyCar Radio Affiliates
Online: Iindycar.com & Verizon INDYCAR 15 App