NO. 11 HYDROXYCUT/HAUS VAPORIZER KV RACING TECHNOLOGYCHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Total Laps – 263 (14th most for the week)
Qualifying Number – 50th
“It was a very challenging day for the Hydroxycut/Haus Vaporizer team. We tried to make the low downforce setup that we had yesterday work today and it never did. So we backtracked and put more downforce on the car, but by that time we had messed with the setup quite a bit and we couldn’t quite hit our marks after that. We are just going to have to take a good hard look at the data tonight and try and get the proper setup for the conditions for tomorrow’s qualifying. Fortunately we have one more practice session before we qualify, so hopefully we will get it right.
- The 2015 Indianapolis 500 will be Bourdais’ 137th Verizon IndyCar Series start, 22nd on an oval, 24thwith KVSH Racing and fifth at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- In four previous starts at IMS, Bourdais has a best qualifying position of 15th (2005, 2013) and a best finish of seventh (2014).
- Of Bourdais’ 21 career oval starts, 12 have come in the last two years.
- Bourdais has made 14 IndyCar oval starts with a best qualifying of fourth at Fontana in 2013 and a best finish of seventh at the Indianapolis 500 last year.
- Bourdais made seven oval starts in Champ Cars earning four victories: Lausitz in 2003, Las Vegas in 2004, 2005, and Milwaukee 2006.
NO.88 JONATHAN BYRD’S RACING/ CANCER TREATMENT CENTERS OF AMERICA CHEVROLET/DALLARA/FIRESTONE
Total Laps – 350 (The most for any driver for the week
Qualifying Number – 16th
“It’s been a roller coaster week, but our car has been fairly comfortable all day. We have been moving the balance around all day and we finally got it right at the end. We ran some pretty good laps on our own. We’ll look at our notes tonightand see what we can do to get even quicker”
“We have a short laundry list of things to do in the morning before qualifying. We’re right there to be in the top 30 when it’s all said and done tomorrow, all we have to do is give it four good ones”
- The 2015 Indianapolis 500 will be Clauson’s second Verizon IndyCar Series start, first with KVSH/Jonathan Byrd’s Racing and second at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- In his previous Indy 500 start, Clauson qualified 31st and finished 30th with Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing in 2012
- Clauson competes full-time in the National Sprint League in Winged Sprint cars. He currently sits third in the championship standings with 829 points, 156 out of first.
- In 2011, Clauson ran six Indy Lights races for Sam Schmidt Motorsports earning five top-10 finishes including four top-five showings, a podium (third) at Iowa and took the pole for the Freedom 100 at IMS. In 2012, he ran two Indy Lights events for Fan Force United placing 10th at both Milwaukee and Iowa.
No. 4 KV Racing Technology Chevrolet/Dallara/Firestone
Fastest Lap: 229.018 mph / 39.2982 seconds (Practice 5 – Friday, May 15)
Total Laps: 252 laps
Qualifying Number: 21st
“This is my first time on an oval so we had to take it slow. Going at that speed, it is not something I am used to. So we took it step-by-step, slowly reducing the aero and trying to go faster each time. I have to be honest. After the first two days it was pretty difficult because, like I said, I am not used to going these kinds of speeds. I finally did get used to it and today was the first time we actually started to get close to a qualifying trim. The car behaved well and I was comfortable. I was able to run a 229 and I think the fastest is 230, so we are not that far off. I think I still have a lot to learn and we have some things to do on the car for qualifyingtomorrow.”
Pre – Qualifying quote:
“As far as qualifying, we haven’t gotten to the complete full qualifying trim yet. That is something we might try tomorrow morning in practice. I don’t dream of being on the pole. I am a rookie and it is my first time ever on an oval. I think it takes time and a lot of experience to be fast on this track. if we could be between 10th and 15th I think that would be a good result.”
- Coletti will be making his oval career debut at the 2015 Indianapolis 500.
- This will be Coletti’s sixth Verizon IndyCar Series start, sixth with KV Racing Technology and first at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Coletti is the first native of Monaco to run in an IndyCar race since Louis Chiron participated in the 1929 Indianapolis 500.
- At the Grand Prix of Indianapolis last weekend, Coletti had his IndyCar career best finish, eighth, and best start 10th.