Race Fast Facts
- Verizon IndyCar Series drivers: James Hinchcliffe (No. 5), James Jakes (No. 7)
- Event title: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana
- Location: NOLA Motorsports Park
- Track: 13-turn, 2.67-mile permanent road course in Avondale, Louisiana
- 2015 event counter: The Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana is the 2nd race (of 16) for the Verizon IndyCar Series
Verizon IndyCar Series Track Schedule
- Practice sessions: Friday, April 10 from 12:15-1:45 p.m. CST and 4:15-5:25 p.m.; Saturday, April 11 from 12:30-1:15 p.m.
- Qualifying: Saturday, April 11 from 4:15-5:30 p.m. CST
- Race: Sunday, April 12 with pre-race activities beginning at approximately 1:45 p.m. CST and an estimated green flag at 2:37 p.m.
- TV race broadcast (USA): NBC Sports Network
- Race broadcast (radio): IMS Radio Network, XM 209 and Sirius 213
James Hinchcliffe (No. 5)
“I think everyone is looking forward to going to NOLA. We love going to new tracks and seeing new races. I was lucky enough to be part of some of the build-up to the race with the Mardi Gras celebration. Seeing what I saw, I think the city is going to come out in full force and really support the event, and that’s what everybody wants to see.
“On top of that, it’s a cool new track and it’s fast. It’s going to be a great place to really explore what these body kits are capable of, so there’s a lot of things to look forward to. More than anything, we’re aiming to get the result on the board after the weekend in St. Pete that certainly wasn’t what we were aiming for.”
James Jakes (No. 7)
“NOLA is a great addition to the Verizon IndyCar Series calendar. I really enjoyed the track when we tested there and it should be a great event all around. Our testing sessions at NOLA should put us in better position from a competitive standpoint. Our goal is to score some much-needed points for the championship after a disappointing race in St. Pete.”
Team Social Media
Facebook: Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
Driver Social Media
Website – www.Hinchtown.com
Twitter – @hinchtown
Facebook – Hinchtown
Instagram – @hinchtown
Website – www.JamesJakes.com
Twitter – @JamesJakes
Instagram – @JamesJakes
- Verizon IndyCar Series autograph session with James Hinchcliffe and James Jakes: Saturday, April 11 from10:30-11:30 a.m. CST in the INDYCAR Fan Village.